Please READ carefully the following Terms and Conditions before signing the application form for admission
- The Academy undertakes to provide to the students information and guidance on appropriate learning programmes, an introduction/induction to the Academy and the learning programmes; access to an agreed learning programme in a safe, healthy, working environment; an excellent learning programme delivery system that includes tutorials, marking and returning work by suitably qualified staff to an agreed timetable; an appropriate learning programme subject to the resources available at its disposal.
- After a conditional offer has been issued, a non-refundable administrative fee of £300 must be paid. This fee confirmed the applicant’s commitment to accepting the offer and enables the institution to commence the admission process. Please note that the administrative fee is non-refundable. If a student is unable to commence the course on the initial start date, they must inform the Academy not later than three weeks prior to the start date and request to postpone their enrolment to the next intake. Then admin fee can be applied towards the postponed course, subject to the Academy’s discretion. However, if the student fails to communicate with the Academy within the specified timeframe or decides to withdraw their application entirely, the administrative fee will not be refunded.
- London Waterloo Academy reserves the right to accept, withdraw, amend its offer or terminate registration at any stage of the programme should they discover that the applicant had made a false statement/examination result or omitted significant information during the enrolment process.
- The registration/examination fees are not included to the Tuition Fees. The applicant shall pay extra fees towards external examining body.
- Tuition fees are non refundable after commencement of the course. Tuition fees are refundable under the following conditions: Students who withdraw their application up to three weeks before the commencement of their course will have their tuition fee fully refunded. Students who withdraw their application up to two weeks before the start of their course can claim a 50% refund. No refund can be claimed less than one week prior to the start date of the course.
- At the discretion of the Academy Principal, students may be allowed to pay their fees by the instalments during their course at the Academy. Late payments are to be met by the applicant if no prior arrangements are made with the Academy.
- International (Non-UK/EU) Students: Upon acceptance into a chosen course by International (Non-UK/EU) students subject to immigration control, the Academy requires full payment of the tuition fee for the course before issuing any official documentation or paperwork that may support the student’s application for a visa. In certain cases, the Academy may allow students to pay a deposit towards the full course tuition fee. However, regardless of the deposit amount paid, all tuition fees must be paid in full before the commencement of the course.
Once official documentation or paperwork is issued to the student, admission for the course is deemed complete, and the Academy views it as an agreement with the student to follow the course and pay the full tuition fee. Failure to pay the full tuition fee by the specified deadline may result in the student’s place in the course being forfeited, and the student may not be allowed to start the course. Additionally, the Academy will not issue any official documentation or paperwork that may support the student’s visa application until full payment of the tuition fee has been received.
It is important for international students to understand that they are responsible for obtaining the necessary visas and meeting the requirements for studying in the UK. The Academy will not be held responsible for any visa refusals, delays or consequences that result from non-compliance with visa regulations. Therefore, students are advised to apply for their visas well in advance of the course start date to avoid any potential issues.
- Refunds will not be given to international students who withdraw from their course 2 weeks prior the course start date.
- International students who have been expelled from their course due to disciplinary action will not be entitled to a refund.
- Refunds will not be granted if it is discovered that the student has made misrepresentation or false representations, lodged false documentation, or if the refusal is based on maintenance or financial reasons. This also applies in situations where the refusal is made under section under paragraph V4.2 of the Immigration Rules, which pertains to cases where the student fails to meet the financial requirements or is unable to provide evidence of current or previous academic qualifications. In such cases, the Academy reserves the right to withhold the refund of tuition fees.
- Students who are unable to obtain a visa to study in the UK will not be refunded their tuition fees, unless they provide evidence that their visa application was declined due to a technical error on the part of the college.
- If a course is cancelled by the college due to unforeseen circumstances, the college may offer a refund or an alternative course, but is not obligated to do so.
- Refunds will not be given for any other expenses incurred by the student, such as accommodation or travel costs.
- The Academy reserves the right to investigate any claims of false representation or fraudulent documentation and take appropriate action if necessary.
- By incorporating these provisions, the Academy can ensure that its refund policy is fair and transparent for all students, while also protecting itself against fraudulent claims.
- The Academy reserves the right to change the timetables of any course, make changes in regulations, and alter tuition fees* structure or, if resources and/or students fail to maintain financial viability, cancel a programme without prior notice to the student. In such rare instances students will be offered alternative courses or a refund of the full tuition as well as registration fees.
- The applicant undertakes to:
- Conform to Academy policies and procedures on enrolment, payment of fees*, examinations, smoking, health and safety, equal opportunities, code of behaviour, disciplinary and complaints; etc.
- Take responsibility to ensure the fulfilment of all parts of this Contract whilst engaged in activities associated with the Academy provision.
- Accept responsibility for their learning with the support of a named tutor; assessor, mentor
- Abide by the Academy attendance requirements which will be agreed at the start of the programme (attend classes regularly 15 hours per week day-time study and tutorials punctually) making sure that attendance shall not fall below 80% or two consecutive months without notice (unless through ill health in which case must bring supporting medical certificates) as failure to do so will result in a dismissal from the Academy and forfeiture of any remaining fees;
- Use the Academy facilities (computer equipment, printers etc) for authorised purposes only and with prior permission from the Academy.
- Accept action recommended by the Academy provision as a result of not fulfilling the above conditions, including the cancellation of this Contract resulting in withdrawal from the Academy provision if any of the above conditions are not met.
* Fees are subject to change at the Academy discretion